"They can post letters to – and receive letters from – siblings, mum and dad, their favourite toys... not to mention the potential for all manner of fun correspondence that may appear from the Tooth Fairy, Santa and any number of other fairies that happen to live at the bottom of your garden. Kids love getting mail, but let's face it, these days most mail comes electronically. There's quite a lot of retro charm about receiving a real letter with real handwriting or drawings on real paper.
In a digital age the iconic red post box is becoming ever more rare. But the big red box still sits down the end of the street, waiting for your postcards, love letters and, yes even your bills.
For a generation that may see the end of the post as we know it, we have lovingly designed this bit of history for them to enjoy. Don't forget the stamp.
This wonderful creation comes complete with 6 mix & match wooden stamps and 6 envelopes/postcards.
It has a pull down slot to post letters just like an iconic Australia Post Box. Little hands can attach wooden stamps to the wooden letters and/or postcards for imaginative pretend play using self sticking Velcro.
Place your own tooth fairy or Santa letters in this wonderful post box to extend you play.
- Ages 3+
- Sturdy wooden construction
- Authentic red Australian Post Box design and colour
- Size : 17.5cm (L) x 34.5cm (H) x 18.5cm (W)
- The postage slot is approximately 12cm (W) x 1.8cm(H), takes standard DL sized envelopes and standard A6 sized postcards.
- Postage slot piece can fold down for larger sized items
- Mailbox items can be cleared by opening the front door by turning the knob.
- Complete with 6 wooden stamps and 6 envelopes/postcards for pretend play
- Comes packaged in a beautiful cardboard box with padding for protection
Please note, being made from wood and hand painted, the finish is not perfect as you would expect a piece of plastic that has been churned out from a machine.