The highly acclaimed Secret Garden is not only a colouring book, but also an inky treasure hunt. Hidden within are all kinds of creatures and curiosities to be sought.
The intricately-realized world of the Secret Garden is both beautiful and inspirational, appealing to many ages.
In this special artist's edition, there are 20 beautiful pull-out art prints for colouring in. A selection of the most popular artworks from the original book, now presented in a new, large-scale format for maximum colouring enjoyment. Each detailed illustration is printed on high-quality card and can be removed easily for framing or craft projects.
If you love the Secret Garden colouring series, you might also want to get Johanna's second colouring book - Enchanted Forest.
Johanna Basford's top tips :
1. Avoid permanent markers or any pen with a heavy or very wet ink flow (like Sharpies or Crayolas).
2. Test your pens somewhere sneaky at the back just in case they bleed or smudge.
3. If they do, try another variety.
4. A little heavy handed? Try a lighter touch - soft sweeping strokes instead of prolonged nib to paper contact (avoid 'scrubbing' or going over the same area repeatedly).
5. Don't forget coloured pencils! The smudge proof alternative!
6. Take inspiration from fellow colouring-in artists.
About the Author
Johanna Basford is an illustrator and ink evangelist who creates intricate and hand-drawn illustrations rooted in the flora and fauna that surrounds her home in rural Scotland. Her most famous colouring book is the "Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book".
- Publisher - Laurence King Publishing
- 40 illustrations
- 40 pages
- Approximate dimensions - 330 x 250 mm
- Comes shrink wrapped