Tegu is a constructions series of magnetic wooden blocks. The company is based in Honduras.
Tegu believes that every child possesses the ability to build, create, and imagine. Tegu blocks are a canvas for children's imagination. No instruction manuals or electronics, just toys that inspire limitless creativity across all ages.
Tegu blocks are designed to work together. This challenge was solved by crafting each block around a core module of 30mm. Just as important as designing the blocks to work together, the blocks needed to work for the person playing with them ... the size of a child's hand, as well as how they play with and hold the blocks.
Designed as wooden heirloom toys, Tegu toys are meant to be passed from generation to generation.
Tegu blocks are wooden toys with the added play value of magnets. The ability to build beyond the traditional constraints of gravity. Now you can build out, not just up!
Tegu boasts a patent-pending solid hardwood construction which keeps the magnets inside. Having the magnets hidden inside the wooden pieces and are therefore not visible or accessible, makes them a safer option for younger children than rod and ball magnetic sets.
Tegu blocks are a canvas for children imagination. No instruction manuals or electronics, just toys that inspire limitless creativity across all ages.
Also, working with the polarity of the magnets on the fly is a fun challenge - generates more critical thinking and educational opportunities than you might expect.
Recommended for ages 1+ years
Tegu's educational blocks index to one another, and we work in 30-millimeter units. To illustrate, one cube is 30x30x30mm.
Mainly made from wood sourced in Honduras called Huesito (Spanish for "little bone"). It is a non-endangered hardwood found in abundance in Honduras' forests.
Tegu toys are made in Tegucigalpa — the capital city of Honduras. When you purchase Tegu toys you’re helping create stable jobs in one of the poorest nations in the western hemisphere
Warning: Small magnets are hidden inside the wooden pieces. However, if the wooden pieces are damaged, the enclosed magnets may become loose. Swallowed magnets can cause complications leading to serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled.