Million Dollars, But… The Game (MDB) is a game that puts your morals and imagination to the test, posing the question, "What would you do for a million dollars?" Players create scenarios by combining a Trigger and a Rule card to showcase what they would or wouldn’t do for a big hunk of cash. (For example, A Million Dollars, But… Every time you see a store having a sale, you poop your pants a little bit.)
The best part of the game occurs when everyone debates the scenarios that have been presented to the judge. “Does it include online store sales or just in-person sales?” “How much poop are we talking: a rabbit pellet or an uncomfortable amount?”
Setup of the Game :
- Each player takes 4 black Trigger Cards and 4 gold Rule Cards.
- Put together, these cards create scenarios.
- Now, pick a judge from your group of friends. Maybe the person with the biggest feet?
How to Play :
- Each player will hand a full scenario (remember, that's 1 black Trigger Card and 1 gold Rule Card), face-down, to the judge.
- One at a time, the judge will read the scenarios out loud to the group.
- This next part is where we think the fun of MDB lives. All players will attempt to glorify or downplay the scenarios, regardless of whether he/she put down that particular scenario.
- The judge will then pick the scenario they absolutely WOULD NOT do for a million bucks. The winner of that round is the new judge.
- Players then draw back up to 4 of each card type.
Other Game Styles :
- Every core game comes with rules for three additional styles of play with their own goals.
Content includes :
- 150 Trigger Cards
- 350 Rule Cards
- Instruction booklet with three additional styles of play
Number of Players : 3 to 6+ players
Time to Play : 30 minutes
Recommended for ages: 18+ years