Eggling is a great way to introduce kids to gardening. Inside the Eggling are seeds are already sown in the fortified peat mixture. Just crack it’s top (by tapping on it with a spoon), water and place in a sunny spot.
Plants can grow for up to five months in the eggling, after which it can be planted directly in soil.
The Eggling's outer shell is a hand-made white porous ceramic. It comes with a terra cotta tray and an extra seed pack to insure success.
In its handsome gift box, the Eggling is a delightful gift for any budding chef or gardener.
How it works:
- Place eggling upright. Crack its top carefully by lightly tapping on it with a spoon. CAUTION: Tapping too hard may cause the whole eggling to shatter.
- Place the cracked Eggling on its terra cotta tray. Water Eggling slowly, until water begins to drain into the terra cotta tray. CAUTION: Over-watering may cause the seeds to sink too deeply causing them not to germinate.
- Place eggling in a bright room with a temperature of 16º C or higher.
- Once seeds sprout, place eggling in a sunny area. Continue adding water to the tray whenever it dries out, to keep the soil moist.
- Prune out shoots to a hearty few to enable full growth.
- When plant outgrows Eggling, transplant the Eggling directly into the ground or soil of a larger pot. After transplanting, shatter the Eggling shell into small pieces, adding it to the surrounding soil as fertilizer.
- Eggling approximate dimensions - 54mm x 47.5mm
- Extra packet of seeds