This little balloon car is revered as a modern toy classic in Europe, MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) stocks them. Dieter Stein created the Balloon Racer in 1996 for his educational toy company Dieter's Holzspielzeug.
Simply blow up the balloon with the mouthpiece located at the end of the car, close the hole with your finger, put down the car on the floor and let go! The balloon car run on the air that is pushed from its attached balloon as it deflates.
When the car comes to a stop, just blow up the balloon to get the car going again. Since you are not directly inflating the balloon, the same one can be used again and again.
Ideal as a small gift or for races at children's birthday parties. The balloon is made of natural rubber, if it is worn out you can substitute it with any standard size balloon.
This car comes in red or yellow, while the accompanying balloon comes in assorted colour. The balloon colour will be selected at random.
Made of polypropylene and made in The Netherlands.
- Approximate size - 15.5 x 7 x 5 cm
- Colour of car - red or yellow
- Balloon can be re-used and replaced when needed.
- Standard packaging is a clear plastic box with a white print.
- WARNING! CHOKING HAZARD - Children under eight years can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons from children. Discard broken balloons at once.